Freelance Journalist & Content Creator
Automobile Magazine, The Drive, Autoweek, Road & Track.com, Autoblog – June 2015-current
As a freelance journalist and content creator I write and create content (video, photography, words) for some of the largest automotive media brands in the world.
High Gear Media – May 2009-June 2015
As Senior Editor of Motor Authority for High Gear Media, I managed a team of contributing writers, assigned and edited stories, planned coverage and content, developed strategies for sharing content through social media channels, assisted in managing a Facebook community of over 1.75 million fans, discovered and wrote news, wrote car reviews, took original photographs and video, edited photographs and video, wrote video and audio scripts, and appeared on camera.
I helped build Motor Authority into a property that currently exceeds 4 million unique visitors per month, and was recently acquired along with High Gear Media by equity-backed Internet Brands. I have also:
- Managed a staff of contributing writers located across the country and around the world.
- Developed and honed the editorial voice and vision for Motor Authority’s luxury/performance theme.
- Met content production targets at high volume and velocity on a daily basis for more than 7 years.
- Contributed to the development of social media strategy increased Facebook fans by more than 600 percent.
- Crafted a social-conscious content strategy maximizing sharing, engagement, and reach across channels, and resulting in segment-leading statistics.
- Collaborated with social media manager to A/B test different approaches to securing traffic via social media.
- Written articles published via partner channels including Yahoo! Autos, Fox News, Fox Sports, SPEED, Christian Science Monitor, Business Insider, and the Washington Post.
Motor Authority – September 2007-May 2009
Discovered and wrote car news, wrote car reviews, took original photography and video, helped build a fledgling website into a property acquired by venture capital-funded High Gear Media.
Self-Employed – September 2006-September 2007
Admitted to Arkansas Bar September 2006
University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
Juris Doctor May 2006
Arkansas State University, Jonesboro
Bachelor of Arts, Speech Communication May 2003